Opportunity to be part of a specialist school environment and to make an impact on the lives of students using innovative teaching methods.
- Based in Melton
- Part time position
- Registered Independent Specialist School
- Salary packaging available (up to 30K per annum)
Who we are:
Djerriwarrh Community College is a registered independent specialist senior secondary school based in Melton. The College delivers the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) at Foundation, Intermediate and Senior levels for students aged 15-19 years. It provides a safe and inclusive learning environment for young people who may have been disengaged or are at risk of disengaging from education.
The Teacher position is responsible for the effective planning, delivery and assessment of the curriculum. School Leadership and the teaching team meet regularly and there are opportunities to work collaboratively in developing and implementing innovative and engaging teaching/assessment tools and strategies.
- Teaching qualification and current VIT registration required.
- Writing curriculum that provides adjustments for students (this requires an understanding of the Victorian Curriculum F-10 or VCAL curriculum)
- Understanding or experience in supporting students with a range of learning needs, including disabilities
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or equivalent) advantageous.
How to apply:
Please refer to application directions before submitting your application.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume and address the nominated Key Selection Criteria. Applicants who do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Djerriwarrh Community College actively encourages applications from Aboriginal peoples, people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
Djerriwarrh Community College is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. The College has zero tolerance for child abuse.