Opportunity to be part of a specialist school environment and to make an impact on the lives of students using innovative teaching methods.
- Registered Independent Specialist school.
- Very small community-based school based in Melton with maximum enrolment 50 students.
- Salary packaging available (up to 30K per annum) to reduce your tax and increase your take home pay.
- Highly qualified and dedicated team of Educators, Wellbeing and Support staff.
Who we are:
Djerriwarrh Community College is a registered independent specialist senior secondary school based in Melton. The College delivers the Victorian Pathway Certificate (VPC) and VCE Vocational Major (VCE VM) certificate for students aged 15-19 years. It provides a safe and inclusive learning environment for young people who may have been disengaged or are at risk of disengaging from education.
The Teacher position is responsible for the effective planning, delivery and assessment of the curriculum in alignment with their areas of delivery. School Leadership and the teaching team meet regularly and there are opportunities to work collaboratively in developing and implementing innovative and engaging teaching/assessment tools and strategies.
- Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) Registration.
- Understanding of or experience in the delivery of the applied learning framework.
- Mental Health First Aid Training or willingness to undertake.
- First Aid Training or willingness to undertake.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or equivalent) advantageous.
- Trauma informed training advantageous.
Click here for Position description. All completed applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to application directions before submitting your application.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume and address the nominated Key Selection Criteria.
Please call the school and ask to speak to the Principal – Amy Farrell for a confidential discussion regarding Teaching opportunities.
Applications close: 11.59pm 31 May 2023
Djerriwarrh Community College actively encourages applications from Aboriginal peoples, people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
Djerriwarrh Community College is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. The College has zero tolerance for child abuse.