Opportunity to be part of a specialist school environment and to make an impact on the lives of students using innovative teaching methods.
- Registered Independent Specialist school.
- Very small community-based school Based in Melton with maximum enrolment 50 students.
- Salary packaging available (up to 30K per annum) to reduce your tax and increase your take home pay.
- Highly qualified and dedicated team of Educators, Wellbeing and Support staff.
Who we are:
Djerriwarrh Community College is a registered independent specialist senior secondary school based in Melton. The College delivers the Victorian Pathway Certificate (VPC) and VCE Vocational Major (VCE VM) certificate for students aged 15-19 years. It provides a safe and inclusive learning environment for young people who may have been disengaged or are at risk of disengaging from education.
The Learning Specialist will contribute to the overall management of the school with the primary objective of the role including:
- Lead and manage the implementation of the Colleges school wide positive behaviour curriculum including trauma informed practice.
- Maintaining a cohesive team by bringing together the disciplines of education and welfare and ensuring team members are provided with supervision, support, and professional development.
- Managing the behaviour management procedures of the college and supporting staff to develop key skills and knowledge.
- Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) Registration.
- Experience in leading staff in behaviour management strategies and restorative practice approaches.
- Experience in the delivery of VPC or VCE VM or similar type of education program will be advantageous.
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence.
- Mental Health First Aid Training or willingness to undertake.
- Berry Street Education Model Training or willingness to undertake.
- School Wide Positive Behaviour Training or willingness to undertake.
- First Aid Training and Anaphylaxis Training or willingness to undertake.
Please refer to application directions before submitting your application.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume and address the nominated Key Selection Criteria. Please call the school and ask to speak to the Principal – Amy Farrell. If you wish to have a confidential discussion regarding the Teaching position.
Applications close: 11.59pm, Tuesday 03 October 2023
Djerriwarrh Community College actively encourages applications from Aboriginal peoples, people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
Djerriwarrh Community College is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. The College has zero tolerance for child abuse.